Laminate flooring in Frisco TX is a great choice for North Texas homeowners who want the look of wood floors without the expense of real wood. But price isn’t the only difference between the two types of flooring – real hardwood floors require more maintenance and regular care than laminate floors. Choosing laminate flooring doesn’t mean you won’t have to clean your floors; but it does mean that cleaning will be easier. Here are some tips for maintaining great-looking laminate flooring in Frisco TX from Mohawk, one of the leading manufacturers of flooring products:
Depending on the type of spill or debris on your flooring, it’s best to use a dust mop or vacuum cleaner set to the ‘floor’ position so that the hard bristles don’t touch the floor. If you use the vacuum cleaner’s hose, make sure any brush attachment you use has soft bristles. If you need to clean up damp spills, use gentle cleaning sprays (some formulated especially for laminate floors) sprayed onto cotton, terrycloth or microfiber cleaning towels or mops. Try not to spray cleaner directly onto the floor and never use wet mop cleaning as this allows too much liquid to permeate the flooring.
How to Prevent Damage and Remove Hard-To-Clean Stains
- Keep your floors from being damaged by excess water by putting down rugs around access points to help absorb rain and snow.
- Keep flooring from fading irregularly by installing sun-blocking shades or curtain liners on your windows. This will keep the UV rays in direct sunlight from discoloring your laminate flooring in Frisco TX.
- Rearrange your furniture periodically so that your floor can age evenly without distinct wear spots.
- Remove stubborn stains like paint, tar and permanent marker by rubbing gently with acetone-based fingernail polish remover.
- Use ice to harden sticky substances like wax and gum and then gently scrape them up with a plastic scraper or a credit card.
- Wipe up all spills and spots immediately.
What Not to Do to Your Floors
Never use wax, polish, oils, soaps, detergents, shine enhancers or varnish on your laminate flooring. You should also avoid using cleaning machines like steam cleaners, spray cleaners or any kind of power cleaners. The only wet solutions you should use on your flooring are the kind you spray from a bottle; but don’t apply even these spray cleaning solutions directly to the floor – spray a cloth with the cleaner and then use that to clean the floor.
Laminate flooring is a beautiful and long-wearing choice for your home – one that doesn’t require a lot of upkeep. For the best selection of laminate flooring in Frisco TX and the best installation and service, call us at Wood Floors of Dallas, stop by our showroom, or fill out our contact form!
| 159 W. Main St #200, Lewisville, TX 75057 |
| 972-525-0026 | Click here to contact us |