When you choose hardwood flooring in Frisco, TX for your home, you’re choosing a product that will not only improve the look of your home, but that is also environmentally conscious. The most environmentally-conscious wood flooring is made from sustainable resources. Sustainability means that the wood used in your floors comes from forests that aren’t destructively clear-cut, but that are managed so that harvested trees are immediately replaced with seedlings – this ensures a constant cycle of growing and harvesting.
How Sustainable Flooring Benefits Mother Earth
- Water Conservation – Responsible forest management means that mature trees are selectively thinned to create openings in tree canopies that allow more rain and sunlight to reach the forest floor. This provides a thriving ecosystem in which saplings and seedlings grow. These healthy forests are natural storage and filtration systems for the Earth’s water supply and they don’t require mechanical irrigation to regenerate.
- Energy Conservation – Natural wood products like hardwood flooring in Frisco, TX are some of the most energy-efficient products to make. They require just enough energy to power a saw blade and a drying kiln. Additionally, manufacturing byproducts are used as mulch, animal bedding, fuel, and more so that none of the wood is wasted.
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reduction – Growing trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, separate the carbon and oxygen atoms and release the oxygen back into the atmosphere. They use the carbon to grow roots, branches and leaves. Sustainable forests are healthier and have constantly-growing trees that clean the air of greenhouse gases and purify drinking water for wildlife.
Types Of Sustainable Flooring You Should Consider
Hardwoods from sustainable forests are a great choice for your home. Not only are they beautiful, but they increase the value of your home and can be stripped and refinished many, many times during the life of your home. Other sustainable types of flooring you might consider are:
- Bamboo – Technically, bamboo is a grass, but it’s a fast-growing grass that makes extremely durable flooring. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial and water-resistant.
- Cork – Cork flooring is made by removing the bark of the Cork Oak without harming the tree. This makes it a sustainable and renewable resource. Cork is naturally springy and makes for a comfortable surface underfoot.
- Linoleum – Linoleum is made from materials that include dried and milled flax seeds, linseed oil, pine resin, ground cork and wood flour all on a jute, canvas or burlap backing. Linoleum doesn’t fade, is anti-static and hypoallergenic.
If you’re ready to install hardwood flooring in Frisco, TX made from sustainable materials, call us at Wood Floors of Dallas, or fill out our contact form!
Follow our Facebook page for more updates.
| 159 W. Main St #200, Lewisville, TX 75057 |
| 972-525-0026 | Click here to contact us |