Hardwood Flooring Frisco TX: Why You Need Sustainable Flooring
BY Hunter Ross December 22, 2015
When you choose hardwood flooring Frisco TX for your home, you’re choosing a product that will not only improve the look of your home, but that is also environmentally-conscious. The most environmentally-conscious wood flooring is made from sustainable resources. Sustainability means that the wood used in your floors comes from forests that aren’t destructively clear-cut but that are managed so that harvested trees are immediately replaced with seedlings – this ensures a constant cycle of growing and harvesting.
Wood Flooring Frisco TX: How Sustainable Flooring Benefits Mother Earth
- Water Conservation – Responsible forest management means that mature trees are selectively thinned to create openings in tree canopies that allow more rain and sunlight to reach the forest floor. This provides a thriving ecosystem in which saplings and seedlings grow. These healthy forests are natural storage and filtration systems for the Earth’s water supply and they don’t require mechanical irrigation to regenerate.
- Energy Conservation – Natural wood products like hardwood flooring Frisco TX are some of the most energy-efficient products to make. They require just enough energy to power a saw blade and a drying kiln. Additionally, manufacturing byproducts are used as mulch, animal bedding, fuel and more so that none of the wood is wasted.
- Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reduction – Growing trees absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, separate the carbon and oxygen atoms and release the oxygen back into the atmosphere. They use the carbon to grow roots, branches and leaves. Sustainable forests are healthier and have constantly-growing trees that clean the air of greenhouse gases and purify drinking water for wildlife.
Hardwood Flooring Frisco TX: Types Of Sustainable Flooring You Should Consider
Hardwoods from sustainable forests are a great choice for your home. Not only are they beautiful, but they increase the value of your home and can be stripped and refinished many, many times during the life of your home. Other sustainable types of flooring you might consider are:
- Bamboo – Technically, bamboo is a grass, but it’s a fast-growing grass that makes extremely durable flooring. Bamboo is naturally antibacterial and water-resistant.
- Cork – Cork flooring is made by removing the bark of the Cork Oak without harming the tree. This makes it a sustainable and renewable resource. Cork is naturally springy and makes for a comfortable surface underfoot.
- Linoleum – Linoleum is made from materials that include dried and milled flax seeds, linseed oil, pine resin, ground cork and wood flour all on a jute, canvas or burlap backing. Linoleum doesn’t fade, is anti-static and hypoallergenic.
If you’re ready to install hardwood flooring Frisco TX made from sustainable materials, call us at Wood Floors of Dallas, or fill out our contact form!
| 159 W. Main St #200, Lewisville, TX 75057 |
| 972-525-0026 | Click here to contact us |